Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Anatomy of a Stud


Even though I never shopped at Hot Topic as a teen, I have a serious fetish for all things with studs. Not S&M spikes, but the classy pyramid shaped studs in gold and silver that have adorned accessories for the last couple of seasons. (I used to have the most adorable pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes.... covered in studs... wore them into the ground :( tear... ) Some may tell you this trend is over... but I disagree. I love it more than ever. But for this season's take on the trend, steer clear of buying studded handbags... Stick with inspired jewelry and shoes.
Elle's take on the edgy trend on their August issue






I love this gleaming 24k gold plated Wendy Nichol Large Stud Cuff bracelet. Wear it with a simple, but feminine black sheath dress to downplay its edginess.






This over-sized Stud Ring by Fallon Jewelry is an awesome statement piece. Just PLEASE don't wear it with the matching cuff...













This Spike Ring by Lena Wald is more boldly geometric than trendy. And, I am loving silver again after almost two years of wearing nothing but gold.













These dominatrix-inspired Burberry Studded Platform Sandals aren't for everyone, but they sure are stunning.

Oh, and don't forget my favorite earrings by Bing Bang... (they are the last ones in the post)

For more Fall Trends, click here...

No comments: