Thursday, February 7, 2008

Denim Guide: Definitely A Don't

Due to an influx of fabulous frocks the past season or two, the upscale denim market has seen a slight downturn. So this season, instead of barraging us with more jeans, designers have taken America's favorite fabric and turned it into dresses, tops and even shoes... Some of which are suprisingly cute. Not so cute? The denim handbag trend. If you can even call it a trend. Starting out with Louis Vuitton's hideous logo-ed denim handbags and ending in this:

Marc by Marc Jacobs newest slouchy handbag looks like a DIY project I tried in 1992. You know... The one where you took your old jeans and made a purse? Yeah, I did that... And I am permanently scarred, just by the mental image of it. I know the 90's are back, but I didn't think my worst fashion mistakes of the past would truly come back and haunt me. So message to Marc: I know the 90's are your thing... grunge really did rock. But cool it on the denim handbags. You're creeping me out.

No comments: